As I mentioned in a prior post, Autumn is my favorite season of the year. I went through the many reason’s why and a big part of it is because of Thanksgiving. In recognition of this I’ve put together a list of why Thanksgiving is awesome.
- The Food– This is one of the few times of the year it’s totally socially acceptable to over eat, encouraged even. Though maybe not great for our health, I think it’s okay we get a pass on Thanksgiving.
- Spending Time With Family– It only happens a couple of times throughout each year that I get to spend time with extended family and Thanksgiving is one of these times.
- Pumpkin Pie– No Thanksgiving would be complete without a slice of moms homemade pumpkin pie.
- Lions Football– Every single year since I can remember I’ve watched the Lions play on Thanksgiving. Yes, most years I’m disappointed by the result, but it’s still a tradition most of the family looks forward to (sorry mom!)
- The Leftovers– I’m not usually a huge fan of leftovers, but for whatever reason cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, turkey and dinner rolls are a recipe for leftover perfection.
Am I missing anything? If so, what would you add?